Tuart Hill has a range of squads, from entry-level Junior Dolphins through to elite National Open level. We also have 2 Adult squads, one for Adults training to compete in triathlons, surf and open waters, as well as a squad for adults wishing to keep fit through a structured swim program.
More information about our squads, including description, prerequisites, age range, equipment, etc. can be found on our website here: Our Squads
Our timetable for Winter 2020 can be found here: Squad Timetable Winter 2020
More information on our coaching team, including photos, can be found here: Our Coaches
Our Head Coach Cam Hawthorn is at the pool for most sessions (except Wed AM / Thurs PM).
There are 3 main fees per year:
This covers the actual swim sessions. It is charged per season (Summer Oct-Mar and Winter Apr-Sept). The fees for each squad are as follows:
|Squad||Sessions/wk||Fees per month|
|Dolphins (Gold & Silver)||Up to 3 x 60 min||$100|
|Junior Development||Up to 5 x 60 min||$115|
|Junior State||Up to 6 x 90 min||$135|
|Junior Performance||Up to 3 x 120 min and 4 x 90 min||$145|
|State Age||Up to 5 x 90min||$130|
|National Open||Up to 9 x 120 min swims
2 x 45min Personal Training
|Adult & Surf||Up to 3 x 90min||$110|
For Adult & Surf squad, invoices are emailed monthly around 17th of each month and are due on 28th of the month in advance, for example May sessions are due on 28th April. The 1st month will be charged pro-rata according to the date of your 1st session.
For all other squads:
- Invoices are sent at the start of each season and cover the entire season.
- You can choose to pay weekly, fortnightly, monthly or single upfront payment.
- If you pay in full before 15th day of the 1st month of the season (i.e. by 15th April in Winter and 15th October in Summer), you will receive 5% discount.
- If you pay for the whole year (Summer+Winter seasons) up front by 15th October, you receive a 10% discount.
- Any invoices with an outstanding as at 15th of April (Winter) or 15th October (Summer) will be reverted to full rate and regular direct debits (minimum monthly) will be required. Payment in full must be made by 28th February (Summer) and 28th August (Winter).
This is a compulsory annual membership fee ($145) paid to the club for all members except Adult & Surf squad (optional). It covers both Summer and Winter seasons (Oct 2019 – Sept 2020). There is a $50 discount for siblings.
Members of Scarboro Surf Lifesaving Club receive complementary Club Membership for the 1st year only.
Annual fee is discounted if joining between 1st March and 30th Sept as follows:
|1st Oct – 28th Feb||145|
|1st Mar – 31st Jul||80|
|1st Aug – 30th Aug||40|
|1st Sept – 15th Sept||20|
|15th Sept – 30th Sept||Nil|
ALL members except Adult Surf squad have to be a member of Swimming WA and membership covers all your insurances while swimming with the club. It optionally also allows you to compete in various competitions throughout the year, including open water events.
There are 2 choices for membership, depending on whether members wish to compete in Swimming WA (SWA) meets, or just club meets.
- Full Annual membership includes all insurances while participating in all club activities and allows you to compete in all competitions all year round, including club, open water and SWA meets and costs $121pa. Please note, this is currently discounted to $75 up to the end of Winter season (30th September).
- General membership includes all insurances and covers you for club activities, club meets and open water series. Cost is $55pa.
More details here: SWA Membership Categories
Swimming WA membership and payment is handled directly with them and the club cannot sign up or collect funds on their behalf.
To become a SWA member, go here: Join SWA
Unfortunately, pool entry fees are not included in our membership fees and need to be paid directly to the pool reception. Scarborough Beach Pool has a variety of pool entry options, including casual, multi-passes and monthly memberships. Please enquire at the reception desk for more details. Spectators are free.
How To Register with Tuart Hill Swimming Club
All prospective swimmers, except Adult & Surf squad, need to be assessed by our Head Coach.
After the assessment, register online here, then we’ll confirm the enrolment. Enter parent/adult information as the customer, then add each swimmer and enrol in the applicable squad as assessed by the coaching team.
For Adult & Surf squad, please select only the sessions you wish to attend.
For all other squads, select all sessions available for that squad, even if you do not intend to attend all sessions.
Once you have registered, we will send you the invoice.
How To Contact Us
Our Head Coach Cam can be reached at email@example.com.
Our Admin Team, Rachael, Melinda and Karen, can answer all questions relating to your membership, timetable, fees, payments, etc. They can be contact by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our registrar is Rachael. Her email is email@example.com.
Karen is our Communications Officer and handles club emailing and newsletters as well as social media and website updates. Her email is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check your junk or spam email for any emails from …@thscwa.com.au. If you find any, please set up the emails as an accepted email.
We have a Facebook and Instagram page which you are welcome to “like” and you’ll see what’s happening around the club.